Saturday, August 9, 2008

Combine and Restart (again)

In an effort to keep trying to post on this blog, I am going to attempt to expand its subjects. I will do my best not to turn this into simply a journal, but to actually talk about things of interest.

I have moved some posts over from my previous attempt at blogging and will be publishing them here eventually.

So let me go ahead and blatantly layout some of my goals and thoughts.

1. I want to keep talking about my weight-loss both to chronicle the events and to desperately seek approval and support from random strangers on the internet. More accurately though, "friends" I cajole into subscribing. I use quotes because some of them may feel that way after reading.

2. I want to present Science not only as a practical system of understanding the world, but to present the understanding of Science as an enriching activity. Science offers such an expansive understanding of my immediate world and the larger world around it. I want to show that Science is fulfilling in the same way that the Arts are fulfilling.

The powerful emotions we associate with a wonderful piece of music or thought-provoking play can be also invoked by supposedly "left-brain" fields. In this, I follow in the footsteps of Carl Sagan. A high target, but that's where I need to be aiming.

3. I also which to house some of my snark here. The tone may end up being jarring compared to the previous 2. I may simply not include this here despite it being a key part of my personality.

No comments: